Summer XC Camp at Montreat College. 2021
CAMP UPDATES- Sunday, July 25
LAST MINUTE RANDOM THOUGHTS!
- Pack singlets/t-shirts to run in (boys may be required to wear a shirt while participating in camp! Girls may be required to wear more than a sports bra!)
- There is a talent show Thursday night!
- Bring money for breakfast on trip up, lunch on trip back (and we may do ice cream one night!) We will make a quick stop for breakfast when we make a bathroom stop, but I encourage you to pack breakfast if possible to speed up out trip to Montreat (we are going to be on a tight schedule getting there)
- Review the check list below to make sure all is covered
We will leave Monday July 26 at 4:30am!
We will return late Saturday afternoon!
LINK to TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
- Please pay your balance of your $500 online this week if you have not already done so! PAY HERE
- Sign online waver if you have not done so LIABILITY WAIVER
- You should have received info from Montreat this week, if you did not let me know and I will forward the email to you!
- MAKE SURE you have given Coach Choo an up-to-date physical (must have been done since 7-1-2020 to be cleared for camp!) If you need one Fast Med is offering walk in specials ($25) with no appointment! LINK TO FAST MED COUPON
- You can scan your physical (or take a good photo) and text to Coach Choo (252-341-0341) or email it to email@example.com
Bradley Atkinson, Landen Williams
Bryson Bingaman, Jack Morse
James Heritage, Noah Anderson
Scout Hill, Nathan Geyer
Garrett Miller, Carter Adrias
Bryson Bowen, Zach Hills
Zach Turner, TBA
Caitlin Brown, Grace Kennedy
Hadlee Halsall, Channing Mitchell
Karissa Thurnau, TBA
Camp Dates - Monday, July 26-Friday, July 31
Camp Location- Montreat College, Black Mountain, NC
Cost: $500 (includes meals, housing and camp tuition. Conley XC will cover the cost of transportation)
Registration Deadline: July 15th
Camp Details: Montreat Camp
Who can attend: This year we are opening camp up to everyone who might run XC at Conley this fall, including rising 9th graders who will be attending Conley!
How to register/pay:
- Register for camp at this link REGISTER
- After registering pay your deposit/balance at this link PAY
- $100 deposit is due at time of registration to secure spot in camp
- Balance is due by first day of camp (pay online or bring check) but are welcome to pay balance at anytime before camp
- Notify Coach Choo after you register so he can:
- Add you to the list
- complete appropriate travel forms
- create a rooming list (let choo know your prefered roommate)
- make goody bags for those going to camp! (socks, GU and some other useful things!)
Montreat has many great trails adjacent to campus, so the training will be fun. Some of the teams planning to attend include North Lincoln HS and Audry Kell HS.
Montreat is a Presbyterian College, but has open enrollment to students of all backgrounds. In the evenings they will have activities for all the campers, with fun & games, inspiration speakers and other activities for the kids. At some point there will be opportunities for worship but this will aside from the regular camp activities.
As of Thursday, July 15th
The following girls have signed up:
The following boys have signed up: